Let your feet breath and the blood flow by walking around barefoot. Walking barefoot may not be suitable for diabetics.
Does it help?
Walking barefoot has its advantages. It helps improve blood circulation, stimulates the foot's sensitivity and induces a state of relaxation. Take advantage of nice weather by slipping off your shoes and walking barefoot at home, in the park or at the beach.
Here are a few tips
• The first few times you walk barefooted, a sandy beach is better than one with pebbles or a soft meadow on a hill rather than a trail in the forest
• Avoid stepping on dirty or sharp objects
• Always carry your shoes with you and if you don't think the ground is clean, put them on straight away
• Don't overdo it. At first the tendons and joints in your feet and legs may get stressed, causing pain and inflammation
• When you get home, wash your feet well with a footbath, dry them carefully and apply a moisturiser to keep them soft
Barefoot in shoes
We don't get a chance to walk barefoot very often. This is why it’s important to choose shoes that make our feet comfortable and refreshed. The technology in Scholl Bioprint™ footwear, with its anatomical design improves foot posture, providing a comfortable arch support and a stable heel rest. It’s extremely flexible footbed, thanks to a special combination of natural cork and rubber, offers an ideal base for your feet and makes every step lighter.